Quality Shoe Manufacturing
UniStyle Footwear Inc. manufactures fashionable orthopedic footwear using real leather and German made footbeds. Our brand of sandals and shoes, UniStyle, all have removable footbeds made of cork; a light, elastic, and shock absorbing material. Cork is a renewable raw material that is obtained from the cork oak tree. The bark is carefully separated from the trees and made into removable footbeds that we use. We don't cut corners; we use the finest materials. We've been in this field of expertise for long enough to know what is best for our customer's comfort and health. With knowledge in the foundations of footwear design and process, our shoes are made to the highest standards. Our specialty is handcrafting comfortable and anatomically healthy footwear.
Our footbeds also have an anatomically correct foot groove in the insoles. Unlike many modern day footwear which have no removable insoles and cave in after your foot makes its engraving in the sole, our footbeds are premade with grooves. Not water proof, but are water resistant to a certain extent and can withstand extreme conditions. Leather helps maintain strength and old fashion tradition. With proper leather maintenance, your footwear can last for years. With proper foot care, your feet will carry you everywhere you go forever! German footbeds, real leather, all handcrafted into perfection in Ontario, Canada. Buy your correct fitting pair and enjoy your first walk with satisfaction.
Please note that all footwear textures and colours may appear differently on this site and downloadable materials. We've done our best to present you with an accurate representation of our products however, we cannot guarantee an exact match due to the variable display settings utilized by monitors and other viewing devices.
Craftsmanship you can count on.
UniStyle Footwear Inc. also manufactures custom made footwear to address the specific needs of individuals with structural foot deformities and special mechanics deficiencies. Our primary focus is on specialty orthopedic footwear to accommodate bony, structural deformities of the feet and lower leg due to congenital deformities and system conditions (i.e. severe arthritis, diabetic feet). Our brand of sandals and shoes, UniStyle, provides an exciting fit in premium quality footwear compatible with most custom made orthotics, at an affordable price. Call or email for further information about our custom options.
Please note that all custom made products are from raw materials. In the case of a custom made footwear or custom foot orthotic, the term custom made can only be used when a three dimensional image of the foot is used to capture bony alignment and shape, and the final product is manufactured from raw materials. We use both 3D scans and custom molds. This device can be further modified and used to provide cushioning, pressure relief, redistribute load and accommodate deformity (a self-molded product is not considered custom molded). A professional pedorthic assessment includes a history taking, bony palpation, range of motion testing, gait analysis, and footwear consultation. A doctor may prescribe an orthopaedic shoe to ease the medical condition or to prevent it from getting worse. Eligibility for benefits claim for custom orthopaedic shoes requires a doctor's diagnosis of a medical condition and a prescription for footwear required for that condition.
Supports Custom Made Orthotics
UniStyle Footwear Inc. manufactures footwear that go perfectly with custom made orthotics to maximize potential health benefits. Our brand of sandals and shoes, UniStyle, is very compatible with majority of custom made orthotics. Our footwear has removable footbeds (insoles), unlike many other footwear, which allows for proper drying of footwear to avoid bad odors, replacements of footbeds when the wearer feels like they have worn out their current footbeds and inserts of custom orthotics for certain users.
Foot pain may be due to:
- Being on your feet for long periods of time
- Being overweight
- Foot deformity since birth
- Shoes that fit poorly or do not have much cushioning
- Excessive walking or other sports activity
- Hundreds of other reasons. Only a health care professional may narrow that list down.
The following can cause foot pain:
- Arthritis and gout: Common in the big toe, which becomes red, swollen, and very tender
- Broken bones
- Bunions: A bump at the base of the big toe from wearing narrow-toed shoes or from abnormal bone alignment.
- Calluses and corns: Thickened skin from rubbing or pressure. Calluses are on the balls of the feet or heels. Corns appear on the top of your toes.
- Hammer toes: Toes that curl downward into a claw-like position.
- Heel spurs: abnormal growths of bone on the bottom of the heel bone that may be caused by an abnormal gait, posture or walking, inappropriate shoes, or certain activities, like running.
- Metatarsalgia: pain and inflammation in the ball of the foot.
- Fallen arches: Also called flat feet, occurs when the arches of the feet flatten out. Causes foot pain and other problems.
- Morton's neuroma: A thickening of nerve tissue between the toes.
- Nerve damage from diabetes
- Plantar fasciitis: a band of tough tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes, becomes irritated or inflamed.
- Plantar warts: Sores on the soles of your feet due to pressure
- Stress fracture
- Stone bruise: deep bruise caused by high impact in the ball of foot or heel area.
The following steps can prevent foot problems and foot pain:
- Wear comfortable, properly fitting shoes, with good arch support and cushioning.
- Wear shoes with plenty of room around the ball of your foot and toes, a wide toe box.
- Avoid narrow-toed shoes and high heels.
- Replace running shoes frequently.
- Warm up and cool down when exercising. Always stretch first.
- Increase your amount of exercise slowly over time to avoid putting excessive strain on your feet.
- Lose weight if you need to.
- Learn exercises to strengthen your feet and avoid pain. This can help flat feet and other potential foot problems.
This website by University of Maryland Medical Center gives very detailed information about common foot pain.
UniStyle Footwear Inc. Footwear Factory also offers orthopedic shoe modifications.
- Carbon Plates
- External Counters
- Heel cushions
- Heel elevations
- Heel wedges
- Metatarsal Bars
- Toe Guards
- Roller sole